6 th Oct 16
Carroll and I both come from a family of 6 Kids and we both lost a brother in the passed 2 years. So our "Plan" was to pay a visit to each family member and all of our friends that we could find while we were in Southern Ontario. We allotted a week for this visit as we wanted to be home by the 17 Oct. I'm not sure why we plan anything because it never works out.
Our family knew we were coming through, so it was just a matter of scheduling for the family. We did not advise our friends that we would be in the area therefore they would not be disappointed if new did not drop in.
My brother Geo called last night to invite us for supper so that gave us the rest of the day to visit friends and do other errands. Also Carroll wanted ( needed ) to do a wash since we had not washed clothes since we left NS on the 28 th Sept. Since we flew to NS to pick up the MH , we were travelling fairly light. Once the laundry was done we called in on friends ; Jim and Marion. They winter in Yuma so we have see them whenever we go to or thru Yuma and we did see them last year. However, it was nice to catch up on their happening and travel plans for this year.
We had a great dinner and good visit with Geo and Dianne and as usually Geo put too much ice in drinks so Carroll had to drive back to the MH.
7th Oct 16
Carroll's sister Jean and husband John, farm in Wheatly, Ont, which is a 2 hour drive from Dorchester. They invited us to stay overnight as this was a window of opportunity since they where not starting to combine their bean crop until Monday. As you know, once they start to combine, visiting with friends or relatives is not a priority.
Carroll's brother and wife from Woodstock also dropped in for supper so it was a good chance ( mostly for Carroll ) to catch up the family happenings. Wheatly and Leamington are also vegetable growing area. There are 1000's of acres of greenhouses and John took me to visit one nearby to buy tomatoes. There are many "Road Side" vegetable stands in the area so we went looking for squash as you can buy them for 1 or 2.00 each depending on the size. Carroll wanted to fill the car up but I stopped her at 6. I was afraid the US Customs would not allow them into the US and if they did , would the Canadian custom let us bring them into Canada As it turns out, the US customs did not seem to care and the Cdn customs did not ask.
I got bored with family talk so I spent some time on my computer and also solve a couple of problems for Jeannie on her computer.
8 th Oct 18 Saturday
Carroll's oldest sister , Madelene lives in Windsor, an hour west of Wheatly. Madelene has some health issues so a visit from her "baby sister" was reason to cheer her up. Madelene's daughter was also their so we had a good 2 hour visit along with the preverbal Tea and Dessert.
When we returned to our MH we were shocked to find out that our fridge had tripped off and would not restart. Of course I thought, we had just spent 2300.00 to get the fridge repaired and it doesn't work. I figured it would be some thing small since it just tripped off but I knew I would never get repair shop open until Tuesday. There was an RV dealer close by so I'll talk to then, first thing on Tuesday morning.
We had a rack of ribs in the fridge and they had started to thaw so we called my sister Pat, she too is not feeling well, and told her that she was having ribs for Sunday Dinner, and that we would bring the meal over. Luckily we have a Coolatron so we took the items in the fridge and put them in the Coolatron. This would do until Tuesday. Monday is Thanksgiving.
9 th Oct 16 Sunday
As mentioned yesterday we are cooking Ribs for supper and are taking the meal to Pat's place. However, this morrow we went to visit Carroll's nephew Paul and his wife Denise, who also live in Dorchester. " Like I always say, our relatives are so close together you could throw a blanket over them and cover most of them". We where surprise when we got to Pani's as their son and daughter in law were also visiting for the Thanksgiving weekend. We haven't seen the family for a few years so it was nice catch up with he family news.
On Sunday evening, I finally got to speak with my brother Paul. He has been spending most of his waking hours at the hospital as his wife Marg is failing fast and it's more important at this time to hold her hand than to talk with me. It was a subdued conversation but I needed to talk to him since we were planning to head home on Wednesday if Marg seemed to be improving. We certainly did not want to leave if she was going downhill. cheers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment