Wednesday, 26 October 2016

The Fridge is repaired : 29 Sept 2016

Note: We arrived home on the 24 Oct but there are many stories to come.


Just as advised the Fridge tech started working on our fridge at 8:30 AM and he sure seem to know his trade which made me feel good. He came into our MH and ask me to hold the fridge doors as he "whipped" out the blots and ask me to put them on the bed. As he was disconnecting the wires I ask for assure that the fridge would actually come out of the slot. I measured the fridge size last evening and I could not see how he could be remove it. He looked at me with a smile and said " Sir, this is not my first Rodeo".


In about 10 minutes he shook the fridge and it was loose, so he said I will get a couple of helpers to remove the fridge. Carroll and I stood back to watch and he advised his helpers to be carefully not to touch or damage the walls or the ceiling. In 30 seconds the fridge was laying on the kitchen floor and his drill was "singing" as he removed the screws. He showed me were the cooling system failed but assured me the new one would never fail and to back up his word they would give me a Life Time Warranty as long as I owned the MH or  for 2 years to the new owner, should I sell it.


I watched the Tech work for about two minutes and I ask if he needed my "supervision " and with a smile he said " not really". I said good, I'll see you around 5 PM. Carroll and I planned to spend the day touring the Moncton area.


Frist we went down town to see the Tidal Bore even thought we knew we had missed the exact time that it " did whatever it was going to do ". It was interesting to see the tide come up the river and then reverse. Apparently it takes about one minute to reverse the flow.


Then we headed for the Magnetic Hill. As we read about the Magnetic Hill it all seemed impossible or maybe even a joke but for the price of 6 bucks we had to experience for our self. We followed the directions and drove down the hill, put the car in neutral, held the steering wheel steady  and low and behold we were going backwards up the hill doing 20 KM per hour. There was only one car behind us but they got our of their car to watch us so I decided to do it again. I was going to repeat it a third time but the car behind us moved into the start line.  We stayed to watch the next vehicle as I had an inkling that they did not know what to do. They were Oriental and I suspect they were visitors. My suspicions where confirmed as the driver tried to steer the car and it was all over the road. That was enough fun for now and we had another item for our " Memories."


We still had the afternoon to kill so we headed for Hopewell Rocks. On the way, we stopped at a small restaurant for lunch. I had a Soup and Sandwich. As I was paying the bill, the owner ask how I liked the soup.  I was going to use my well worn phases " I have had it twice first and last" but the owner was a nice lady so I just said it was a little spicy for me.  Then we carried on  the Hopewell Rocks  which are Rock formations that became exposed from years of  wave action that wore a way the soil that surround them many years ago. It is definitely a tourist attraction and a good place for a Photo Opt  but for the price of 8 bucks it did help to kill the afternoon and it is funded by us tourist so it was interesting. It also had a gift shop but they are "out of bounds " for Carroll as we have enough junk from other parts of the world.


  So now we headed back to our MH in hopes that the fridge was repaired and working. Five minutes from the shop we received a phone call. Our first thought's ; was oh no, something must be wrong. It was the foreman calling to ask us to move our MH as we were blocking the exit for their trailer which was being loaded for a shipment to the US. Incidentally,  90 percent of their product goes to the US.


As we got to the MH the Tech says your fridge is working great but give it 12 hours before you load it with food. After moving  the MH I went to the office to get the bad news on the cost. The cost were 1650.00 for the cooling unit, 4 hours labour ( I told you the techie was good ) and 300.00 for the Tax man, for a total of 2300.00.  We were delighted to have our fridge back and the cost of repairs was what I expected.


For a change we had a good nights sleep and we are heading for Fredericton tomorrow, cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment