After leaving our B and B in Carmanville we headed for Twillingate which many people think is a must see: I have a different opinion. We stopped at several small town mainly for the scenery and or a picture or two. While driving along, near lunch time we spotted an sign ( actually a shingle ) advertising a Seafood Restaurant on the Ocean. Being the adventurist type we took the " bait " so to speak and went to the restaurant . It was a great experience.
The restaurant was built hanging over the wharf. They had an underwater camera connected to a TV so you could see the fish under the restaurant . This place was definitely not built to code but I'm sure many of the small building and home are not to code in Nfld. However, we had the best Seafood chowder so far. This place is also a Harbour for fishing boats and there were a few tied up. The restaurant owner was a husband and wife team. We talked to the husband about the fishing business and he does some Lobster fishing "in Season " and he has a tank that hold 6000 lobster just for this small restaurants. He said they had already gone thru the 6000 Lobster so they now had to buy from a supplier which is more costly.
After lunch we continued on to Twillingate in Notre Dame Bay and did a driving tour around this harbor town of 2300 population. It is known for it Fruity Wine and of course we stopped for a taste. It is the first winery that I have been told there is a limit of 6 tasters. They don't want anyone driving under the influence. I did not like their wine but I bought a bottle for our B and B host.
When we left Twilligate we had to look for a B and B which was not easy. We finally located an Inn at Lewisporte which means no breakfast provided. The next morning I went for a walk along the harbor and I counted 75 sail boats tied up. There were no fishing boats that noticed. cheers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment