I woke up this morning and felt guilty because I left Ont with meeting my brother Paul. I just felt I should have somehow hugged him before I left. Before pulling out of the Cracker Barrel lot where we spent the night I went to MacDonald's to check our email. For whatever reason I could not connect to their WiFi with My iPad.
About 2 hours down the road we seen a sign for a truck stop with reasonable cheap diesel fuel so I decided to pull in. It was a small truck stop with only 4 pumps but it was easy in; easy out and I like those type of truck stops. Carroll went in to pay as we had some USD and we knew it cost 2 % extra to use our VISA. She noticed that they had free WiFi so we took advantage of it as we really want to check on Marg to see if she was improving or failing. The news was not good as she was failing so we decided very quickly that we must return to Ont.
We did not want to take the MH back as that would be a 10 to 12 hour round trip. I inquired at 2 truck stops about an RV or truck storage in the area but the clerks just shrugged and said they did not know of any. I then noticed a Parts Store across the street so I thought I would give it a try. The Parts clerk said there was a RV Camp Site 5 miles away and that they do have winter storage for RV. Our luck was changing as we ventured to the Camp Site and they said I could park for 50.00 for a month. And since we would be less than a month we could park in their parking lot instead of being crammed into the storage area. Their parking area was fenced and secured.
Carroll quickly pack a few clothes and we were on our way back to my sister's place in Dorchester. It was a 4 1/2 hour drive by car. cheers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment