Tuesday, 29 March 2016

Visit to Mesa

23 March


We are actually in a holding pattern waiting on 1 April when our House Sitters  vacate our house and we have pretty much seen this area of AZ, so we decided to visit some friends in Mesa.  Mesa is a casual 1 hour and 45 minute drive from Camp Verde along I-17 and then taking 101 to Mesa. I use the word casual since driving 120 KMH both on the I-17 and then on 101 which has , at times has up to 5 lanes of traffic which includes an HOV lane. We do use the HOV;  but when you need to get off the 101 you now have to negotiate crossing those 5 lanes and there is not many people who give a dam about you turn signal.
We finally reached our first destination which was the winter home, at Leisure World, of Pat and Kay whom are our friends from Med Hat. We just stayed for an hour as we had a late lunch date with friends Bob and Shirley from Comox. Bob and I served together while we were in Comox and we have been friends since the late 80's. They always winter in Mesa so we do get to the see them most years. Shirley "over-did" the lunch by making a fabulist meal as she always does. We had a great visit but the drive home was during rush hour. Hwy 101 was crowded but we took the HOV lane which at first was moving along at 120 KMH, for about the 1/2 hour. And then , somehow the HOV lane came to a completed stop. How in hell does a HOV lane stop when there is no accident  or vehicle breakdown. Final we got to the end of 101 and there was no apparent reason for the slow down so if you live in these big city you just accept the traffic. I'm glad I live in Med Hat. cheers 

No comments:

Post a Comment