Early this morning around 7:30 AM we left our Free camping spot in AVI Casino to deliver our MH to the RV dealer in Mojave ,5 miles away for our 8 AM appointment. Logic told us the maintenance for our Hydro Hot system would be 3 hours because they charge a flat rate of 300.00 and their shop rate is 105.00 an hour and I'm sure they would not want us to know that they could do it in 2 hours. We did leave our cell number and off we went to check out the sites and sounds of Laughlin some 10 miles away.
As we drove by the Riverside casino we noticed about 50 RV's parked in the parking area and they looked to us, as if they had been there for days if not weeks, since most of the tow vehicles where disconnect and most had their chairs all set up. I did a quick U-turn and drove in to inquire and luckily I spotted an older ( someone older than me ) gentleman outside his MH so I stopped and ask if it was free to park here. Apparently I did not phase the question to his liking because , not only did he tell me it was free to park but he continue on with a dissertation about Mr Laughlin , the owner of the casino and why he build a fence around area. Jumping in with another question, before I got the history of the USA, and thinking about passing thru here another time, I ask how long can you stay. He started naming people , like Pete over there has been here about 6 months, and Brett, over there, has been here for about 2 months. I got the picture, so I thanked him as I slowly moved the car, hoping he would stop talking.
The Riverside casino looked like a great place to park overnight so we decided that we would move to the Riverside once we got our MH back. After selecting a good spot to park the MH, we went to the Mall, mainly to check out what was on the show this evening. However, it developed into a window shopping outing for Carroll. I got bored waiting so I found a shoe store and found a pair of shoes that I needed since I threw a pair away in Yuma.
Around noon we received a call that our MH was ready so we picked it up and returned to the Riverside where we found a good parking spot where we could get out early next morning without bothering anyone. As mentioned yesterday , our slide still would not operate but for one night ,it is not a problem. Then we went to the 4 PM show " Whiskey, Tango , Foxtrot " For 6.00 it was worth the price.
After supper we went to the casino so Carroll could donate her preverbal 20.00, so the free camping , with no services,actual cost 20.00.
About 8 PM I did a walk-around just to see if there were many Canadians in the parking lot. I seen a couple from BC sitting outside so I stopped to talk. I notice a card in there windshield with a date on it so I ask why since it was free to stay. Apparent when they arrived a few days ago they were told to move to the back row; then they were told they had to sign in, which they did. I guess the Security guard had a shitty day so he picked on a Canadian. Then they told me they had their tow bar stolen right in the parking lot. After they parked , they decided to move to another area and they left their tow bar against a light standard. Fifteen minutes later they returned to pick up their tow bar and it was gone. However, they are stuck in Laughlin until their insurance company replaces the tow bar and all the necessary connection for the car at a cost of 2500.00. They hope to be on their way in 3 or 4 days. Even a casino parking lot is not always safe from thieves. cheers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment