Sunday 13 March
Our friends Barb and Dick are from Minnesota and Dick just loves biscuits and gravy for breakfast, however he usually only has it for breakfast once a week. I have made fun of this menu food for breakfast for years and I always called it a " Heart attack on a Plate ". I must admit, when I see it served and "Wolfed " down by those sitting near me, I truly believed it would hasten a heart attack.
Dick has had enough of Vince and I making fun of "Biscuits and Gravy" so he and Barb invited ( almost insisted ) that we ( Carroll, me , Vince and Lynda ) come for a Minnesota Breakfast which will include Dick's recipe for Biscuits and Gravy and he guaranteed that we would like it.
The breakfast not only included Dick's B and G but Barb had baked a huge platter of " Sticky buns", a casserole of " Wife Saver " and a mixed fruit bowl for desert.
Dick's B and G includes chopped Italian sausage and I must admit it tasted great as did the others. I had a second helping. I would not want to eat it often as I'm sure it can not be the best choice for your health, but neither is a Hot Dog. Would I try it again, yes , especially if Dick made it.
Since we are leaving tomorrow we ( mostly me ) spent the afternoon packing up the MH. It seems that taking things out of the storage area takes less time then repacking it.
We have had trouble with the slides not going in or out so we hope they work tomorrow. We are heading to Mojave ( Bullhead City) to have some maintenance done on the hot water system. Cheers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment