29 th Feb
Can-AM days is a joint sports day for Cdns and Americans and not a competition between nations but a mixture on each teams. The sports are Shuffle, Horseshoes, Cribbage (non body contact ), Curling and Bean Bag. The teams are not chosen by ability but by an interest in the sport , hence not all players understand the games or rules such as curling. I participated in Curling and we finished second to a team skipped by a Cdn fireman from Shilo, MB. Our team had a handicap because our "Second" did not have a clue and fail to delivery the rock as I instructed her and none of her Rocks made it to the House. One other handicap was that each player had to drink a shot of "Canadian Mist " after each game. After playing 4 games during an afternoon in 90 F heat, this may have affected some of the players ability. I opted out of the "Canadian Mist " drinking as I was on Medical from my Dental work.
After all Sports Days there has to be a "windup " party ( banquet ) and this was no different. The party also had Amateur entertainment by the talented people from the park. I was amazed at the quality of talent we have in the park. The talent show was all " LipSinging " and most of them where great. We had Willie Nelson, Everly Brothers, Nancy Sinatra, Geo Jones ( and he even looked like him in real life ) and several others that I can remember the Singers names.
This party was organized by our friends Lynda and Vince Ziglo with many volunteers to assist. Everyone involved deserves a great deal of credit for putting on this Sports Day and the Party. I know that we Carroll and I had a good time. cheers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment