Tuesday, 8 March 2016

Another Sand Storm

Before I get to the Sand storm I want to mention a restaurant which I feel serves the best lunch menu I have ever had. The name is Kneaders and it serves Sandwiches , Soups and Deserts. If you order Soup,  beware that it is unlikely that you could eat a whole sandwich. They  serve several soups and they have 5 or 6 different breads ( all great ) along with 5 or 6 different sandwiches. Their deserts are pricey but huge. We have never had room for a desert so I can only tell want our table mates have said. As you may know that bread in the US does not meet our CDN standard, so when we are near a Kneaders restaurant we buy the ends. They never serve the 3 slices from each end however, they bag the ends and sell them for 4.00 for a large bag. We feast on those ends if we can get them. Enough about the advertisement.
6 March
On Sunday we visited our friends Cam and Joanne Asher from Winnipeg. Cam and I were in the same trade in the Military and we served in Comox for about 3 years and we have been friends ever since. They are camped at Welton, Az, a small town 20 miles east of Yuma. They are heading north on Monday  so we wanted to say goodbye.
While sitting outside their MH draining a beer Cam mentioned that a Wind Storm was predicted to arrive around 3 PM and man was he correct. Near 3 PM the west wind was so strong that we had to move inside. Then on the way home, heading west, into the teeth of this high wind we could see the sand being whipped up and that storm lasted until late evening. Since we left our widows open in our MH we had a light dusting of sand in ever nook and cranny throughout the MH. Carroll now had a reason to dust. This is the third dust storm since we arrived in early January.  The wind brought quite a bit of sand with it to the point where our swimming was closed on Monday so the maintenance staff could clean the pool and the filters.


After the high winds subsided we then had a cold front move in on  Sunday and Monday which brought with it another round of high winds. When I use the word "cold front " I mean high 50's and low 60's F. Anyway, we will suffer thru until Monday when we leave Yuma and head north. cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment