2 Jan 2015
Todd and family have been at the cabin in BC since Christmas, polishing their skiing skills and will be returning home today. Since they have been away since the before Christmas the fridge was empty so we decided to do some grocery shopping so there would be the necessary food supplies when Todd, Yvonne and the 4 "Human Garborators " arrived home around supper time.
In the morning we sent Todd a message and ask if we were to make supper for them . Todd's answer was no , they would eat on the way home. We bought a 5 lb roast along with other groceries just in case they didn't stop on the way home. Around 3 PM we rec an email from Todd saying , you can make supper as we have changed our plans and will now be home around 6 PM. Luckily I checked my email at 4 PM and seen Todd's message and then panic set in. We cranked the oven up to 400 F and put the roast in hoping it would be done by 6 or 6:30. Todd is notorious for being late and this is one time I had hoped he would miscalculate his arrival time.
As it turns out , Todd and family arrived home around 6 PM and Carroll had every thing ready by 6:30 so we had supper and then the G/kids shows us there Christmas presents.
3 Jan 2015.
Since we are leaving for Yuma tomorrow ( the 4 th Jan ) around 8 AM and /or after the G/Kids leave for school, we had to sort out the clothes we are taking and those that are staying behind. We would normal leave our summer clothes in the MH when we left it in Mesquite, NV but we had to bring some home to take to Puerto Plata. We also need "winter" clothes for the first two days of travel, for going south. It always seems that our vehicles are too small for the items we have to take with us. I'm sure I can get by with a lot fewer things than Carroll but who am I to argue that point!!!!!
Todd and I build a hockey rink in Nov and he has been trying to get it flooded every since. The dam weather has been fluctuating above and below Zero during Dec so it was hard to get a smooth surface. Since it was minus 13 today, we got 350 gallon of water from Todd's work and dumped it on and sealed the edges and to smooth out some ruts.. He will get a water truck to flood it later in the week.
The we decided to string the necessary lighting to make this " Coliseum " as close as possible to look like then" Saddle Dome ". After working outside at -13C for about 3 hours I almost forgot how cold that is so we call a " Timeout " I think Todd allows two timeouts per day , so I could warm up.
Later I finished packing the car so we could get an early start as we had hope for good weather so we could get to Idhao Falls tomorrow. cheers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment