Sunday, 24 January 2016

Monday Lunch

Last week while  checking the monthly schedule I notice a "Free lunch" on Monday and you had to get your tickets ASP as there would be limited seating. When I noticed the "Free " I quit reading and rushed to get the tickets before they would be all gone because as you know a Senior's life is ruled by the word Free or Discount. As it turns out , the Free lunch is on the 25 th.
On Monday  we went to  the community center for lunch but not the Free one but since we were there   Since we were at the community center for the "assumed"  free lunch  we decided to stay for the Hamburger and soap .   Nothing really lost,  as we sat with people we did not know so now we have new friends and they were from Hudson Bay SK.

After lunch we had to go to the Westwin RV park to pick up  tickets for a music show scheduled for next Saturday. This was a Rock-a-Billy type band which was well renowned.

After picking up the tickets at Westwin I recalled that a military friend use to spend his winter s in Westwin park so I thought I would drive around park ( there over 1000 sites ) and just maybe he would have his name on his RV, MH or park model. As I drove down one street I seen the name of my friend on a house and he was sitting on the deck. I stopped and said hello and ask if he remembered me and of course at 82 and since we hadn't seen each other since 1990 he said "not at all". Once I introduced myself, of course he remembered me. We had a beer and swapped stories for 1/2 an hour then bid farewell. Always nice to me an old military buddy. Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment