As mentioned, in our last report we got to Todd's home in Okotoks about 2:30 Am 1 Jan. On the way home we seen a MacDonald's that was open so we thought we would grab a burger and a coffee. Now remember this about 2 PM and the drive through had a lineup of about 50 vehicle. They were actually wound around the parking lot. We went inside and found out that you could only order by a computer activated menu panel; actually there was 4 of them. I ask one guys how quick were they filling the order and he says I'm number 286 and the last number called was 195. I looked and Carroll and said, We are out of here. So we had some leftovers at Todd's and got to bed around 3 AM.
We woke up at 10:30, had a shower followed by breakfast and then decided to unpack the suite cases. To my absolute amazement and shock, I had picked up the wrong suitecase . As soon as I open the suite case and seen the ladies underwear I new I was in the wrong pair of pants ( so to speak ). About the same time Todd phone to say that WestJet called our house sitter in Med Hat and they in turn called Todd to say that WestJet had found our lost luggage, which really wasn't lost. The mix up was that I quickly checked the name on the tag and I thought it was Esl on the tag but it was Ebl. It was a paper tag and of course it was wriggled .
My first thought was to call the name on the luggage ( that I stole ) and to deliver and apologize for my error as the phone number was AB. However, I called WestJet and they said just return it to arrivals and pick up your own luggage. Problem solved; but can you imagine if we were going home to Med Hat and the other person was connecting to who knows where.
Quite a way to start 2016. And we got 364 days to go???? We leave for Yuma on or about 4 Jan.
My next blog will be a brief outline of the life and times about the interesting people we met in PP. We hope all our readers will have a Happy and Prosperous new Year . Cheers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment