Sunday, 31 January 2016

Harbour Freight

Harbour Freight is a small version of our Princess Auto and some of their items are of a lessor quality, however, there are many great bargains every day. You would think that after spending a day in Quartzsite , that I would not need anything else for the  MH but you would be wrong. Owning a MH or any RV is a never ending expense.

So what did I need at Harbour Freight? My neighbor who is a retired Sask farmer and a Electrician is really into anything about  maintaining a MH. He is well read and knowledgeable and while talking to him he ask me how often I greased the "U' joint. My answer was that I relied on the garage when doing an oil change but he advised me  that it should be done  every 5000 KM . Well, that got me to thinking  that I better heed his advise and get a grease gun and grease the "U " joint. So off to Harbor Freight to purchase a grease gun and the grease cartage with set me back about 20 bucks. Then I returned to the camp and "crawled" under the MH to grease the joints.   Luckily that I'm around 170 LBs and not 270 because there is very little room under the rear axle of the MH and it is a dirty but necessary job which takes about 1/2 an hour. Job finally done.

Then we went to see the movie " The Danish Girl" which I would give a 5/6 out of 10 which means that it is not my kind of movie. Since it was an early movie ( a 5 PM start ) we went for supper  at a  Germany restaurant  which has authentic German food. The food was great. cheers   

No comments:

Post a Comment