We left Todd's place at 8:08 AM , just as the G/Kids left for school and we headed for Idaho Falls. The weather was -8 C when we left AB and the roads were great all the way to Idaho Falls. Except for the preverbal stop at the Duty free to pick up two bottles of Crown Royal and the "Where are from and Where are you going questions " at the border the rest was clear sailing except for gas. Gas in MT was 2.35 and diesel was a little cheaper, and it got cheaper as we went south except for UT so I avoided it. The weather was a little rainy in Idaho Falls and since the temp was dropping we expected snow in the morning.
I used my charm at the Comfort INN to get a good room for a reasonable price. The price started at 80.00 for a Queen bed on the second floor so I ask for a discount for a Senior which did not move the needle at all. Then I used the " I am a Veteran " card and that got me a 10.00 discount once I showed proof. The I used " my wife has two new knees and can't climb stairs " card so the clerk gave us a suite on the 1 st floor with a King bed at no extra cost. I told you I used my charm.
We had supper at the Olive Garden before we got a room so after getting the room we hit the pool and the hot tub. By now we were tired and wanted to get an early start tomorrow so we hit the bed shortly thereafter. cheers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment