Bright and early monday morning we head for the Vodafone shop to get this dam ipad SSSIM card issue straighten out. unfortunately, Mrs "congenially" was the only Techy available. First she wanted my Passport, for what I will never know, then she played with her computer punching in my Sim numbers. I noticed she was making faces as if the numbers did not work, so i politely said are you having trouble, she just stared back so I just clamed up after that. Then she wanted my cell phone to install the other SIM to activate it but it did not work so she use her own cell and it did not work. She your SIM card is no good and I said well you sold it to me... as she stared at we again i was wishes i could "delete" my last sentence. I really think she was just advising me that it was faulty and I don't think I was suppose to answer.
She then returned my cell and took my iPad to the "Back " room probably so i could not watch her every move. About 10 or 15 minutes later she reappeared, seemingly in a better mood and said the could activate it but the internet was down and that I should return in 1 hour. an hour late I return and she handed me the iPad it's activated and ready to use. I was going to check it right in the shop but I thought that might be pushing my luck, so i returned to the RV and sent a test msg and it worked.
Now, we can finally get on our way to Merry Pebbles camp gropund in Sabine. This a tourist area and has many thinks to see such as Water Falls, picturest landmarks, a several other old gold mining towns that service on tourist only. They also have lots of Hawkers.
We took the secondary roads against the advise of our friends but you know us " No Guts.. No Glory ". For the 1 st 2 hours all was well and then we hit 40 KM of road construction. We had to share the same lane with gravel trucks and road equipt so 30 KMH was the top speed. After that little interruption we were clean sailing until we were about 1 hour out of Sabine. We were in the mountains at 6000 ft and then a very thick Fog hit us so again we were down to 20 and 30 KMH. In fact I rode on a guys tail light for about an hour until we dropped down in the valley.
As we were coming down a steep hill into Sabine, apparently the speed sign said 60 KMH, and apparently I missed it and apparently the Radar picked me up at 76 KMH in a 60 zone. I think the cops all over the world ask the same question. Do you know how fast you were going... of course not or I would have slowed down. anyway he took my Licence and said to come with him so he could write me a ticket. So he studied my drivers Licence and said it had a wealth of information until his licence which was pactically useless as it lack any real info. So we chatted and he ask me about Canada and what i did for a living so i played the "Air Force' Card. then i noticed myMilitary Retirement card so i took it out and should it to him and he says, OH you were a Captain in the Air Force. Then shortly thereafter he handed me my Licence and said no more speeding. I shook has using the special handshake used by the " Blacks " and which the appreciate and I was Scott Free.
We then proceeded to our camp site and it is beautiful. It covers about 50 acres, it is all treed and mostly grass. The road ways are all interlocking brick.The bathrooms are 5 Star not like the pig pens in Canada. We are paying about 22.00 Cdn but one like this in Canada, if you could find one would be 35.00 to 40.00 a night. They have a resturaunt with the park so Carroll and I ate there. I had lamb chops and Carroll had Snitzch all for 20.00 Cdn and the food was excellent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment