As you can see this "Blog " thing is now working for me, but I'm not a Techy so it is what it is.
Today we did another Self Drive which probably covered 100 KM. We went to another Camp site ,called Lower Sabine, which was on our travel plan and recommended by other folks. unfortunately , we missed seeing the every elusive Leopard , as he crossed the road about 20 mins ahead of us. However, we did encounter several Elephants, as it seems we always do, a few Giraffes. and a herd of about 200 Water Buffalo. Man it was very hot again today but apparently only reached 37 C. We stopped at another picnic/restaurant area for lunch but those Monkeys did not stand a chance this time as I was ready for them and protected my Sausage Dog. On our return trip home we did see a huge Rhino but he was too far away to take a Pic and when I called him, he pretty much just ignored me.
When we encountered the Water Buffalo, we were about 100 M away. Since they seemed to be taking their own sweet time, I tooted the horn hoping they would get the msg and hurry across the road. Well; this one big Bull stopped in his tracks and turned and stared at me. I immediately backed up another 200 M as the guide said they will charge a vehicle. If I can read the Bull's mind I believe he was saying " As a matter of fact, I do own the road ".
Soon after we got back to the Camp we hit the pool. Shortly after that about a dozen young american College girls also jumped the pool so we drummed up a conversation. They are here for 3 months doing research on the wild animals. and there activities.
Tonight we cooked supper on the Bar-B-Q , therefore I had to use briquettes and that is not my strong suite. Oh! too have a Gas Bar-B-Q with us. Tomorrow we move to anther Park .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment