We spent thursday night in Richard's Bay at a camp site on the Indian ocean, however, it started to rain hard about 1/2 an hour after we got set up so there wasn't much we could do except have supper and listen to the rain , which continued thru the night. To make matters worst, I could not get a connection on the computer, probably partly because of the weather and also we were located in a heavily treed area. On Friday morning we decided to tour the city/town and found a Macdonald's and they usually have WiFi so we decide to have breakfast and use there WiFi. Like most hotels, WiFi is only free for 15 Min and then you have to pay.
We then checked out their beach area and with the rainny weather , the beaches were not crowded. Only the arden surfers were out in the ocean.
This placed did not tickle our fancy so we moved down the road about 200 KM to Battilo. This city/town is definitley a tourist area but also is a sugar cane growing area. We found a camp site on the Ocean for about 20.00. In fact the guy at the gate charged me R180 but told me to officially sign in after 2 PM when the owner would be in the office. When I went to sign in she refunded me R15 because I was a " Pensioner" . They don't use the word " Senior " and we were also advise to ask for pensioners rates.
After signing in we headed for the city as I still could not get a connection on my Vodafone SIM card and i was sure they would have a Vodafone shop in town. We stubble over a HUGE mall and I went to the Vodafone shop. They young lady checked my SIM card and verify it was good but said the weather was causing some connection problems. I put the SIM back in the computer and it worked so the young lady told me to use a desk provide and check my emails which I did while Carroll shopped
After Carroll finished shopping we went to the grocery store to buy supper. These store, much like a Safeway, and have an array of already cooked foods such as meat pies,chicken pieces, shikobs, stew, fish, rice any and all veggies, and salads. so for about 5.00 we had supper cooked and just had to warm it up in the Mirc.
Unforetunately, as we arrive back at the camp site it started to pour rain and never stopped all night. When we left Sat morning it was still rainning so hard the wipers would hardly keep the windshield clear. As if I need another distraction while driving. We are now on our way to some where near Durban about 100 KM south.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment