I noticed that I said the 25 was Thurs but I'm sure you all know it is Friday
On Saturday we left Areena ( Gonube ) at 7 AM as we had a 350 Km trip to Port Elizabeth and we wanted to get there in good time to take advance of the nice weather and the beach that we knew was right on the camp site. This was one of our better trips because it was all on N2 which was partly freeway and then real good two lanes with some 8 foot should, which as I mentioned previously, becomes a 4 lane for all intent and purpose. It also allows us to average 90 KMH instead of the usual 50 or 60 KMH.
Everything went along nicely until we got close to Port Elizabeth and Carroll punched in the co-ordinates for the Willows camp site .. no match found, so she punched in the name.... no match found, so she punched in " camp sites in P. E..... no match found. Now what.. well maybe; just maybe there will be a sign. No such luck. So we do know that the camp ground is on the water, the Indian ocean to be exact, so drive thru the city to the Ocean. On a Saturday afternoon, this was not the best decision we have ever made, so we decide to find an information ( i ) booth and with luck we did, unfortenately they were closed. But we did spot a "Filling" station so I pulled in to ask direction. As I got out of the MH I spotted 4 Black attendance who I thought might help; and then I got a Flash back to 1 Nov when I ask 4 Black guys at a Filling station the best way to get out of Johannasburg and after a committee meeting they gave me the wrong directions. So I just gave they a quick wave " Hello " and went inside to the " white" clerk who gave very specific direction which lead is directly to our camp site some 30 mins away.
The camp site was not full so the clerk gave us a site with a great view of the Ocean and all the plots were grass and treed. the entire camp site is beautiful. It would make most sites in Canada look like a pig pen. The clerk original said the cost per night was R185 and then ask if I was a"Pensioner " ( they don't have Seniors in ZA ) and I said yes so she said the price is only R98.
After parking the camper we headed for the ocean for our first taste of the Indian ocean and it was great. Too bad we can't stay here longer than a day but we have to get further south to the Garden route where everyone raves about its' beauty.
After our swim and a beer, we headed back to P.E. for a look at there waterfront, which is very nice with lots of beach area.
Since it was now 7 PM we decide to stay in town for supper and we found a nice resturaunt called De Kelner. After perusing the menu we decide on ChateauBriand for two. The chef actually cook our meal right at our table which attracted the attention of most of the people in the whole place. The bill came to R400 ( 50.00 cdn ) and that included a Starter of Mushrooms and a beer for the driver. It was a good job I had a beer because I had to drive home in the dark on a narrow road.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment