Just south of SLC it began to snow harder and since it was 2 PM we decided to stop for lunch at the Cracker Barrel in Sprindale where we would ponder our plan just in case it snowed harder. Also I need to fuel up so it was two birds with one stone.
After we hit the road it was obvious from the weather and road conditions that Idaho Falls was a dream not a destination today. I decided to tuck in behind an 18 wheeler who was going my speed and we followed him for about a 1/2 hour. As we were going up a hill I felt the wheel spin slight and right there I said we are going in to the next Truck Stop because these condition where not going to get better. The 18 wheeler must have read my mind because he did the same.
As we pulled into the Truck stop we noticed a MH already parked so we pulled in beside him. As it turns our he had already been there the day before because of road condition. Suffice to say we spent the night and watch the snow fall and watch the Truckers as the peel off the Interstate for a safe haven. There were so many trucks that the ran out of stalls so they just parked at random.
About 4 AM our coach batteries died so I had to start the MH so we could have enough power for the furnace. We will solve that problem tomorrow. We hope for clear weather in the morning. cheers
No comments:
Post a Comment