Sunday, 16 December 2018

MX Trip # 16 Saturday 2/3 Highway


We arrived in Guayobitos around 4 PM but it was the drive that was interesting. A few years ago the MX government build a new toll road from Mazatlan to Guadalajara as this is a highly traveled road especially with trucks and Buses. One would think that this road would call for a 4 lane highway. I'm not sure if this highway had a funding problem or if it was designed on purpose but since it is not the only road  build this way. 

So what is the difference from most highways, This a 2 lane highway but it has 6 ft shoulders on each side therefore it becomes a 3 lane highway. The shoulders are marked on both sides with  broken lines in area where you are expected to merge over a few feet allowing  the guy behind you to pass much like a Suicide lane. At first it seems scary but once you see it working everyone seem quite comfortable. I even tried it myself several times once I seen it in action. 

I may have mention in an earlier blog that I bent a tow bar shaft when I hit 2 bumps in Hermosillo. When we arrived at the Park in Guayobitios I expected to find it difficult to disconnect the tow bar because of the bent shaft. What I did not realize was the both shafts were bent and therefore I could not disconnect the car. So now I had to disconnect the tow bar from the MH and back up the car to pull the tow bar free from the MH. Now I will have to find a machine shop who can straighten the two bar. One of the guys in the park says he will take me to a machine shop next week and he is sure they can do the job. 

We are now at our destination and we will settle in for a month.We did the basic setup and will do the rest tomorrow, cheers 

1 comment: