Wednesday, 25 March 2015

Mesa to Yuma 22 March 2015

Mesa to Yuma is a 4 hour, causual drive  so that should be a "Piece of Cake" for us experience travelers. We pulled out of Mesa Sprite RV Park and the GPS barked out " go 1 mile to Gilbert St. and take a left turn ". I said to Carroll that I would rather take Lindsay St as the both take us to Hwy 60. Wrong??? you can not exit from Lindsay onto 60 because they have not build the entrance yet and I doubt they ever will. No real problem as we know how to correct this problem with a few right /left turns and we manage to get on the Hwy 60.

As we enter onto Hwy 60 going West I again  know were I'm going ( I think ). Hwy 60 is 6 lanes with a speed limit of 75 mph so it is in your best interest to know which lane is best for you. The GPS is telling us to keep 3 lanes to they left which I realize so this time I listen to it ( actual Her ). Because Carroll punched in Yuma the GPS takes us the quickest route however I am not familiar with the GPS route so I ask Carroll to quickly punch in Buckeye as I know that route. She was quick; but not quick enough so now I'm  heading for Casa Grande which may or may not be a few mile out of our intend travel route. Since we did not follow the GPS in the first place, it (she ) decided to sent us another route which I had never heard of but this time we said OK lets follow it. The GPS ( for once in its' life) actually took us on a short cut to I-8 to Yuma. The GPS is now back in my good " Books" so to speak.
When we arrived in Yuma at Benito Mesa RV Park I ask for a specific site by number and the clerk checked but said it was taken. So I said get me as close as possible and she enquired why. I said because that " Ken " across from that site has WiFi and I need to use it so she gave me the site I had last year. I paid Ken 5.00 in Dec for 1 weeks use of his WiFi  so I was sure I could get it again. When I ask him this time he said I could have it for no charge. What a friend !!!
As we were setting a friend from our Yorkton, Sask  Days came along to say we had been invited to supper with other mutual  friends from Yorkton and of course we never turn down a free meal. When we  arrived for supper there were 3 other couples whom we know so we had a good chat along with the necessary beverages and great food. Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment