Thursday, 5 March 2015

Disappointment March 2015

2 March:  There is nothing left to say about this weather; So I said it; it's the shitts. Nuff said.

3 March:  We had several errands to run, so today was a great day to do just that. On the way to McAllen my gas light came on so that dictates that I go to Costco for gas which is in the same parking lot as Lowe's, which is were I will be returning my Accuterite Thermometer that is definitely inaccurate.
I pulled up to the pumps and knowing Costco does not cash and only take American Express , I used my Access Card but it came up invalid so I ask the Pump Jockey;  what  is my next move. He volunteered to run over to the Costco store and get me a gift card if I gave him the cash and my Costco Card which I could then use for gas. I accepted his offer.
Then I went to Lowe's to return my Thermometer and this lovely lady said no problem , but where is the box. I actually expected that question so I said, I live in a MH, do you really think I can keep the box for everything I purchase? She said,  well I need the bar code and I can't leave my cash so can you go and bring another one so I can give you a refund. Great, I thought but the "Returns" counter is a direct entry to the building so I had to exit the building to get a Themometer but I then realized I could not leave the building to get back into the "Returns" counter without the Buzzer going off, so I had to hand the Thermometer to someone in Returns than walkout and back in to get my refund. Is it just me or does everyone have all these encounters.
OK, now we had to go to Freightliners to pick up my  ignition switch which was ordered a week ago. A young guy by the name of Ruben told me to ask for him when I come to pickup the part but this a very busy place with 6 counter people and he was not one of them when it was my turn so I took the next guy. Just when the parts guy was looking for my part , Rubin spotted me so he told the other guy to take his customer and he looked after me. I thought that was kind of neat of him.
We were not having a great day but it seems that someone else can have bad day also. While at Lowe's these 2 guys were loading their pickup with a dozen sheets of plywood, a bunch of 2 by 8's and a about a dozen 2 by 4's. They did not tie their load on and I assume the driver "goosed" it as the cross the intersection and the plywood came flying out right in the middle of the intersection. There was enough room to get around them but it sure was embarrassing.
So that's how you spend a day when the weather is against you. cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment