Saturday morning looked promising even thought the temperature was 40 F ( 5 C ) when I got up. I'm guessing that there is no more water left in the clouds as we have it all on the ground in this part of TX. There also was a "threating" Sun above those clouds so we decided to go to the local Flea Market as I have been looking for a 12 volt light bulb for over a year and you never know what you can find at a Flea Market ,especially this one. After parking the car I was walking by a vehicle from Sask and I gave the owner a quick glance and then I thought, I know that guy from somewhere. So I walked up I said, do I know you and he said yes, so we exchanged pleasantries. I coached his son in hockey in Yorkton in 82/83. Small world.
We meandered around the Flea Market long enough that Carroll got interested in a piece of jewelry. I got bored ( in about 10 seconds ) looking at Jewelry so I wandered away and as most people know , Carroll does not carry a purse so now she had to find me. Unfortunately I went West and she thought I went East so it took some time before we bumped into each other, at which point I paid for the Jewelry. I did find a small shop selling RV parts and low and behold they had 2 bulbs so I took both of them.
We then spent an hour driving around looking for this special Hamburger Joint. Apparently the town ran out of money in the Street Sign budget because this street was not signed but we eventually found it. This joint is Family run and is located in a large house and they specialize in making one size and only one size of a Hamburger and it is huge. This makes it attractive to the always cheaper Winter Texans so they can " Share ". Once we found the place I recall that they only take cash and I checked my wallet only to find out that I had 9.00 . Well, that's not going to cut it so we will return another day. Therefore we returned home to watch curling. cheers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment