Wednesday 21 Feb 19
I flew to Calgary today and went right to the foothills hospital via a taxi with the idea that I would hopefully get checked over because of the dull ache in my upper left chest area. What a shock when I walked into the ER. There was about 30 people in the waiting room and 4 or 5 people lined up to see the Trauma Nurse . Then I looked at a large TV screen which said " Time to see a Doctor " 4 hours. I ask the guy ahead of me if he thought the 4 hour wait was reasonable and he said you will be lucky to see a doctor in 4 hours. Of course the Trauma Nurse will determine the urgency and if necessary a person who needs attention will jump the cue and rightly so.
Since my daughter in law ( Yvonne ) works at a bldg next to the hospital, I decided to return to the ER tomorrow and hopefully get a better position in the cue. I then called my son ( Todd ) at his shop and said I would take a taxi to the shop.
The taxi driver was from India but immigrated to Canada some 40 years ago but still had the accent. I do not know the address of my son's shop, although I have been there a hundred times so I told the driver that it is on Barlow on the south end of Deerfoot Trail near a casino and he says I know exactly where you mean. Then I noticed that he was getting near Deerfoot but in the wrong lane so I challenged him if he understood my direction.
Apparently he only heard Barlow and casino and as it turns out there is a casino at the north end of Barlow , which was the one he assumed I wanted. He did not realize there was another one at the south end of Barlow and Deerfoot which is the one I was referring to. Finally I got him to turn south on Deerfoot and then he was aware of my destination. He did say that he seldom travels to this end of Calgary, hence he never thought of the Deerfoot casino.
Thursday 22 Feb
Yvonne leaves for work at 6:15 AM to beat the traffic so we arrived at the hospital around 7 AM and there was 4 people in the waiting and no line up at the Trauma Nurse so within 5 minutes I was in the nurse station waiting room along with 5 other. The nurses started to pick us off one at a time. Number 3 was a slovenly dressed man of about 30 ish and as he was bing lead to a booth by a nurse he kicked a sign left by a janitor and the sign hit the ceiling and broke a ceiling tile and then he laid some profanity on the janitor. A senior nurse grab the phone and called security and then everything else was out of my sight line so i missed the charades.
After 10 or 15 minutes I was taken to a booth and told to remove my shirt so the they could do an ECG and take some blood. I immediately fell asleep until the lab tech arrived. This was followed with a Xray and then a wait for the doctor. Long story short , I was checked over and there was no indication of any heart problem so I was released.
This is a hectic weekend as Todd is involved with Rogers Hometown Hockey in Okotoks. Tonight I got the detail to take Emily (16 ) to Volleyball practice and Rhett ( 11 ) and we are have a blizzard so I will get the feel of winter driving.
Friday 22 Feb
Today I was detailed to take the Twins to hockey practice at PM at 4 PM as they are off school this week so I had to kill the rest of the day somehow. Todd's hockey rink was covered with 3/4 inches of snow so I decided to clean it off with the snow blower. The kids had friends over so they dug tunnels in the 6 ft drifts in the yard. So how long can it take to clear a 100 X 50 ft rink. Three hours during this very cold weather that they are having in AB. That is considered a days work for me so I took the rest of the day off. Cheers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment