Friday, 15 March 2019

MX/TX Trip # 83 The Brier Week (1 to 10 March 19 )


As any curling fan knows from 1 Mar to 10 Mar is the Brier or the Canadian Championship of Curling and we are avid curling fans so much of our spare time will be spent watching the best Curlers in the World battle for the chance to represent Canada later this month.

Other happening this week  was renewing my iPhone plan. I am not great at understanding the iPhone yet but I am slowly learning.  The provider I chose in the US is T-Mobile and they don't mind me returning to ask multiple questions. One young lady who has helped me a couple of times told me that a T-Mobile staff has to have 3 months training before they  every sees a customer and I must admit they are customer friendly.  Anyhow the monthly charge for my iPhone is 67.00 CDN and it provides unlimited talk and text in NA and it comes with 10 GB of data. Telus.. are you listening. 

My WiFi was renewed on Wednesday but the provider has never sent me a bill.  I even ask for a eBill but they said they do not do eBills. I do pay it by Visa so I can track it but you would think they would want to sent a bill. I have to return the router to their office before I leave so I hope I get a bill then. 

Thursday was the last of the six Legends concerts that they have every year in this area and this time it was the Piano Man. The Piano Man is joined by  his son along with the obvious backup players. The music is mostly from Elton John and Billy Joel  and it was a very good 2 hour concert. Cost was 13.00.

On Thursday there was  a huge Bridge  Tournament at our Park and Carroll volunteered to help cut the cakes that they serve along with tea and coffee at intermission. . Carroll thought that she was going to cut the cakes and then be done. She later found out that she also had to serve it so after several hours of standing,  her back and knees where very sore. Moral of the story; when you volunteer make sure you understand your task. 

We have friends from ON that we meet 20 years ago who we have not seen since we got to TX in Feb and they are leaving on the 16 th so we managed to arrange a lunch date so we could catch up on their happenings and travel stories. They are of Dutch descent and they go to Holland every summer so they do have interesting travel stories.  We also went to the local Legion for a fish supper with friends from Brandon. While at the Legion  we also met old friends from NS whom, we knew from our days in Shilo, MB. It seems that wherever we go we see old friends but we have been traveling since 1998 so i guess we can't help but to bump into some friends ever once in a while. 

On Saturday someone decided to share the Sun with us and our temperature went to 34 C which is a little hot but we also got a TX breeze making it a wonderful day for a change. However, the Brier ( curling ) was down to the Championship round so we were glued to the TV for a few hours. 

On Sunday the 10 th , as usual we had breakfast with our friends, the Nahas as they are going home to Brandon next Sunday. We hope that the rotten weather that is predicted will pass before they leave. We must admit we were glued to the TV to watch the final curling game between Koe and Bottcher, ( both from Alberta , I might add ). We are glad to get a free week away from the TV but Carroll now has shopping on her schedule so that makes it a boring few days for me. The weather man has promise a very rainy, windy and cool week again.  What the heck is wrong with this weather . Cheers  


No comments:

Post a Comment