11 to 17 Feb 2018
This was quite a week and it was not all good, in fact it was real bad for some folks as the flu is making its' rounds and that is never good for seniors.
Our neighbors ( Don and Shirley ) here in TX, who are also our close friends from Med Hat had a B'day ( 75 th for Don ) on Sunday so we were all invited to join them at a Restaurant /Pub/Dance Hall called the Riverside. This place can seat about 200 people and there is about 50 in standing room only. I doubt that there are any fire regulations but then again this is Texas.
The attraction is the band which is called the Renaissance Rockers and what is so amazing is that they are 5 doctors from a local hospital and they are great.
Don and Shirley where not feeling well but the manged to get thru the Birthday but on Wed, Shirley was so sick she was hospitalized. On Saturday Don went to a clinic and was immediately sent to the hospital by ambulance. Due to the way the Medical works in the USA , they ended up in different hospitals.
Both Carroll and I have real bad coughs so we are staying close to home and are self medicating for the time being. In fact we cancelled going to the Valentine's Dinner and Dance so as not to spread our germs to others.
Last week I got a stone chip in the windshield and I got it repaired for 40.00. This week I got another stone chip but I did not get around to having it repaired. On Sunday, on our way to the Riverside I got another stone chip and it was a "star" chip right in my line of sight. The repair Tech said he would do both for 50.00; what bargain. Then he said, did you know that you have 3 more chips. I look at them and said they are on Carroll side , forget about them.
I'll close this weekly note by saying our weather is changeable as we had 45 F on Sunday and 87 F on Saturday. Cheers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment