18 to 24 Feb 2018
This week is the story of follow the bouncing ball as I will be skipping around.
On Sunday 18 Feb I had to fly back to Calgary ( Todd's Place ) to restart my medical Insurance as I could not get Travel Insurance due to a change to my status which I did not know until late Oct.
However, my cough was getting progressively worse. Todd's family was on " March Break" ( I can't think of a better definition ) for a week so they were going to the Cabin in Fairmont skiing. I went with them hoping the mountain air would help my cough. It did not and I was getting worse. Todd was returning to Okotoks on Wed and i was suppose to catch a flight from Calgary to TX on Thursday. I was too sick to fly so we cancelled the flight and I got a partial rebate. On Thursday Todd was busy so Marjorie ( the Nanny ) took me to Yvonne's doctor and he thought I might have Bronchial irritation so he took a throat swap and sent it to a lab with a 4 day return date. I said I would be in TX by the time he got it back so he put me on antibiotics for 10 days just in case it would come back positive.
By Saturday I was feeling slightly better so the pills where helping but until I could stop coughing I could not get on the flight to TX. I was hopping I could fly to TX by Sun or Mon but I did not want to book a flight until I was sure I was OK.
By now my 4 day trip to Calgary/Okotoks had extended to 7 days with no return day in sight.
Back in Texas, Shirley was released from the hospital after 8 days but the Insurance said they were flying her back to Med Hat ASP. Don was released from the hospital after 3 days and he to had to return to Med Hat also but was allowed to bring his Van. The Insurance paid for another driver, which was his cousin and they flew him back to TX.
Several people in our park are sick and a few have been hospitalized. A few functions have been cancelled due to people coughing which is a great way to spread Germs. Several couples have returned home as one or both couples have been or are sick.
Both Don and Shirley had their flu shots. The temperature this bounce around the mid 40 F to the mid 50 F. Not really that great for TX. cheers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment