Tuesday, 13 March 2018

Weekly Happenings #4

25 Feb to 3 Mar 18

On Sunday the 25th I am still sitting in Okotoks trying to decide if I am really healthy enough to fly back to TX. I'm sure that if I cough continuously at the airport  I would likely be rejected especially since the Flu was prevalent in AB. 

So by the Sunday evening I decided it was a Go so we contacted United Airline for a ticket back to TX. I check the Monday schedule and there were  plenty of seats so I would shoot for a departure time of Noon which gets me to McAllen TX by 8 PM by going thru Houston. 

I had a Voucher with Flight Hub from my cancelled return flight so we called them. However they could not connect with United due to a computer problem so we were told to deal with United directly. I immediately questioned about my voucher , as being the skeptical type I thought I was about to lose my voucher. However I was advised that United knew about my voucher and it would be used on this flight. So I booked the Flight and I would be on my way at noon tomorrow.

I still had a cough but I was able to cough quietly ( if that is possible) and since I had a window seat I could  cough away from the person beside me. Although it was only a 4 hour flight to Houston, it felt more like 8 hours. 

When I left TX Carroll had a bad cough but when I arrive back her cough had clear up quite a bit but I was still the "sicky" for a few more days.  

Carroll still had two more treatments at the chiropractor as she skipped two while I was in Okotoks so we did them on Wed and Friday. The Dr then said that on Monday they would do a Thermo Imagery of Carroll's back to determine the status / benefits of the 12 treatments. Carroll does feel much better with little if any back pain. 

By weeks end my cough was gone but Carroll's cough seem to be making a comeback so it was likely that she might need to see a doctor next week. 
Several functions in our Park have been cancelled because too many people are coughing and a group of 200 people are a good way to spread the germs around. ..cheers

" If you can't explain it simply: you don't understand it well enough"






   

No comments:

Post a Comment