2 Dec 17
We left Minot, ND at 8 AM and drove for 9 hours to arrive in Sioux Falls, SD. at 5 PM. If you want boredom take a day trip thru the Dakotas. The scenery never changes.
The Interstates are excellent;75 MPH in ND and 80 in SD. They are in general, straight as a die with a few hills which could be called knolls.
These states exist to produce Agriculture, with cornfields already harvested ) that appear so endless that they seem to run off the curvature of the earth. I did notice that after they harvest the corn cobs, they cut the stocks and then bale it so there must be a market for corn straw, if that is what it is called. I did notice that most fields were already "worked up " and ready for planting in the Spring,
In ND there were many small pond, dugouts and slews that were full of water and frozen over to a glass like finish. I fully expect to see a game of shinny popup but it never happened. We did see a huge lake and the Interstate had a causeway right thru the middle. There was a sign with the name of a Dam, so I assumed that this lake was the result of the dam which the Americans are famous for.
The only noticeable difference, from the drivers seat, between the Dakotas is that SD did not did not have many water ponds or slews nor did I notice many Pivots which I did notice a few in ND. Maybe it rains more in SD.
When we arrived at the Best Western I put on my best poker face hoping to get a room with a King bed at a reasonable price. The young lady at the counter was in her early 20's and I thought "Oh shit" she won't have the authority to "dicker". Anyhow I ask for a room and the cost and she said 119.00. I said that is about my pay scale , can you do better. She said I can if you are AAA and I said I am and I'm also a Veteran. She replied she could give me the room for 90.00. The I laid the " I am a Cdn " and I said I thought your company had a special price for us Cdns so she said , OK I'll give you the room for 80.00. I figured that was the best I could do so I took the room. Cheers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment