25 Dec 17
Well!! Christmas day has arrived and our Christmas Meal will be in the Rec Hall, 200 other folks at 5:30 PM , which is called supper to us. The tables are decorated and since Senior are just older Kids they all try to do out each other with the decorations.
The schedule said that Cocktails (BYOB) was from 4 to 5 PM and then there will a game which is always a list of test question related to Christmas. This year we had a list of 15 questions and I got 3 correct so you know how interested I was. The winner got 9 correct which my math is 60 % which earned her a bottle wine.
One such question was: Who is Rudolph's Dad? I didn't even know he had one.
Since we were last to the Party we were place at one end of the table. However, the couple we sat beside were really nice except the gentleman was deaf in his left ear and I was on his left side so I got to eat Christmas dinner mainly in silence. I did ascertain that he was once in the Army, had small dairy farm in Minnesota and owned a hardware store. The other 2 hours was spent with me hoping the night would end.
After a function like this all the chairs and tables must be folded and put away so that the Rec Hall would be ready of the next day. Unfortunately, all the sick , lame and lazy beat it for the exit so that leaves about 10 % of us left to do the work. I was close to the rack that held the chairs so I grabbed my chair and Carroll's and put them in the rack thinking that my work was done. However as I turned to walk away there was a lineup of 10 people ready to hand me the chairs to put in the chair rack, So for the next 15 minutes I was the Chief chair "racker" if that is the correct word.
After all the chairs and tables were properly stored we went home the evening. Christmas is done for another year. Cheers
Accept who you are : Unless you are a serial Killer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment