Sunday, 10 December 2017

Nashville to Natchez

10 Dec 17

We left Nashville at 9 AM heading for the Natchez Trace which we would follow to Natchez , MS , some 440 miles south. However,  the Trace begins about 20 or 30 miles south a Nashville and our Garmin was taken us in circle so I finally told Carroll to turn it off. The Garmin likes to take the Freeways and I knew a much shorter route.
As I turned of the freeway I realized I was low on fuel so I pulled into a gas station and fuel was 2.39 which is high but in the city it was 2.46. I ask the clerk about the best route to the Trace and she keep going the way  you are already heading and it is 10 mins ahead. 

We have been looking for a couple ( Kevin and Ruth )   who are " Blogger" friends. We know from their Blog that they are on the Trace but not sure where. They are a day or two ahead of us and since they have a MH they will be camping. There are a few camp sites on the Trace so we check each one and about 3 PM we found them. They were just returning from a hike so we stopped and had a cup of tea and swamped "Travel Stories" They are World Travelers. They are leading a Caravan thru MX in Jan for 85 days. 

We intended to stop at 5 PM but somehow Garmin missed our turn so we traveled on to the next city, 20 miles off the Trace. There are  no facilities on the Trace so if you need, food , gas or lodging you have to venture of the Trace, sometime for miles. 
We landed at a Best Western in Canton, MS for 72.00 and it is great. We crossed 3 States today. TN, AL  and MS.  Cheers 




No comments:

Post a Comment