Our friends Larry and Holly ask us if we were interested in going to a Casino and before he finished the question Carroll said yes. I said where is and what's the story because I never heard of a Casino in our area. As a point of interest, I have been told that the Great state of Texas has one Casino and we are going to visit it. However, to get there we will be taking a 6 hour Bus trip ( one way ) for a cost of 80.00 PP which includes our room in a 4.5 star hotel which is part of the Casino.
Then to entice new folks like us , they give you 45.00 to feed the Slots or as one guy says he calls them " Sluts " because you feed them money, you get screwed and you go home broke.
Back to the Bus trip: This is a 2 day, overnight trip and we departed at 7:30 AM. The bus ride takes us thru several small cities/ town until we reach Laredo ( I'm sure you have heard of Laredo) where we stopped at a truck stop for lunch. This was the biggest truck stop I have ever seen and believe me I have seen many truck stop in the past 18 years that we have been on the road. And there was a second truck stop across the freeway which was the same size. We stopped in Laredo in 1998 for fuel and I thought of it as a small border town probably with a Pop. of 20 or 30 thousand but man, what a surprise when we see it as it now has a bypass to get around the city. The Pop in 2013 was 230,000 so I would guess that it is well over 300, 000 today.
Once on the road the Guide ( a lady ) ask if we would like to watch a movie or play Bingo. The vote was for Bingo so she charged 5.00 for a card. About 40 people ( not us ) bought cards and I guessed that 40 people played which was 200.00 . The prizes that I seen where about 10.00 or less ( coffee Mugs ) and there was 10 games so I would guess that the guide pocket the other 100.00.
We arrived at the " Kickapoo " Casino which is on the Kickapoo Indian land ( that is a surprise ) at 2 PM but our rooms were not available until 4 PM so guess what we did for 2 hours using our own money. Incidentally I did not gamble one penny. I took a good book, my iPad and my iphone.
Then we had to get a Players Card which they loaded with 45.00 and that was appreciated. I will say that it was a great Hotel/ Casino with 3 restaurants with reasonable prices which is great because the town is 15 miles away and I don't think I would want to visit it. Eagle Pass is also an International Border crossing.
Carroll played with her money on Sunday and when she finished at 10 PM she had 55.00 which was basically House Money. On Monday she played with my Players Card and was up 50.00 and again this House Money which was OK with me since we did lose any money.
20 Feb: We left the Casino at noon and stopped at the same Truck Stop in Laredo, mostly to stretch our legs. The guide put on a comedy movie on the way home. The trip was OK but I can assure you that we made two bus trips to a Casino .... first and last. cheers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment