14 Feb: Happy Valentine Day: Today is overcast as a cold front moved in and our temp only reached 23 C. Since we did not have much on our plate we called our friends , Larry and Holly to go to the show "Lion". It is about a small boy, age about 7 to 10, in Indian who got on a train because he was lost and ended up, in Calcutta, which was 1600 KM from home. It is a great story and a must see. As pointed out in the movie, there are 80,000 lost children in Indian every year and if the live, a vast majority end up in the sex trade or as a slave.
We normally take in the afternoon movies and after the movie we normally go for supper. We chose Olive Garden but once we were there the wait time was 1 hour so we defaulted to Applebees. cheers
15 Feb: Happy Hour. About two weeks ago, we decided to track down a friend ( Bob Crow ) who we had met at Winter Ranch in 1999. He wasn't home but we left him our "calling card " and he dropped in for a visit a few days later. We mentioned that we had found 5 couples from Winter Ranch who we both knew and use to visit at Happy Hour back in 1999. So he said if we rounded them up he would host a Happy Hour so we could all meet and swap lies for old time sake.
So today was the day for the Party and we had a great time reminiscing about our past travels. One couple are north of 80 years old so they we glad to be invited and to see our faces again.
However, our day never end without some kind of Crisis. I thought I remembered taking our iPhone to the Happy Hour but as we were about to leave the party, the iPhone was nowhere to be seen. We search the area to see if I had dropped it somewhere around the patio or the car. I did receive small lecture from Carroll while we looked for the iPhone.
To put her mind at ease I just remembered that I left it at home. Although I knew it was not true it did somewhat dampen the lecture until we got home. Once we got home we search the house but still no phone. We called the iPhone number but there was no ring so we had to return to the place where the party was held. Now the lecture was restarted all the was back as I now remember that I did take it with me. By now it is dark so I went to the two areas where I got out of the car and searched with a flashlight in the dark but no luck. Then I returned to Bob's place and ask if he has seen it during the after party cleanup. Since he had not seen the iPhone we went to search the area and Carroll stayed in the car. We did not located the phone but Bob says let me call the number with my phone and if it is laying on the ground we should hear the ring. Shortly after Bob dialed our number Carroll could be heard holler; I found it; it was in the car.
Apparently I took the phone off my belt before I got out of the car at the party and it fell into the rear seat area and then rolled under the front seat. Yep!! it was all my fault. cheers
16 Feb: Temp at 7 AM was 11 C but by noon it was 25 C.
We did have much on our plate for today so Carroll called a couple who are from Medicine Hat and invited them over for a drink. We swapped stories for 2 hours and learned they had lived in Yorkton, SK until they retired and moved to Med Hat in 2016. That pretty much killed the day. cheers
The stock market is frustrating; I swear if I bought shares in a cemetery people would stop dying
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment