12 Feb Sunday
First we had breakfast with our friends ( Larry and Holly ) and then we are returning the Microwave we purchased yesterday as it has a height of 12 inches and no amount of swearing could get it to fit in the shelve.
After going thru the " Customer Service " ( boy that is a well worn term ) and getting a refund, which incidentally will cost me money because the funds would go from Cdn to USD and after the return the money would go from USD to Cdn , we went back to the Microwave counter and found the exact Microwave we wanted on the "Display" shelf, which read 11.8 " in Height. Now I had to track down one of those "ready to serve you " associates that seem to hide as soon as you need them.
I don't believe these people actually want to work at Wal-Mart, they just want to get out of the house and let someone else look after their kids.
We actually found a lady that was walking around with that computerized Gun that usually tells them nothing. She pointed the Gun at the one on the display shelf and married it up with one in a box. We challenged her on the fact that we could not find the dimensions her Gun said it was the same "SKU" so we took it home. After we got it home and before I opened it Carroll found the dimensions and the height was 12 " so it is going back but not until tomorrow. We have more import things to down, although I can't think what they are.
13 Feb 17
We now have two problems today . First the microwave has to go back to Wal-Mart and we have not received a Power bill for Jan as it was suppose to arrive by mail around the 1st of Feb and I don't want a call from the "collections agency" so I have to solve this problem.
Since Carroll has an " Agua -size " class at 10:30 I decided to visit the of the Magic Valley Power company which is a few miles away. The first person you meet at this office is a clerk , who directs you to the payment counter as if I can't read the sign that says payment. I explained my dilemma to the payment clerk. She pulls up the bill up on the computer and says I could pay it by check or Visa but not by cash. However, she suggested I get the original copy which would be in their archives. I agreed but I then had to go to another clerk in another office. Luckily I was the only customer in the building so there was no waiting. This clerk listen to my story , took down my particulars and said she would go "upstairs " to retrieve the original bill. She returned with my statement and said I owed 80.00 but she only took cash or check not Visa. I'm sure there is a good reason for this but I just can't imagine what it would be. I paid by cash as I just wanted the problem solved.
The problem was that we gave them our street address and all mail has to have the park address and the park then puts the mail in our mail slot. So I ask her to correct the address; she can't do that as it must be done by calling their head office in San Antonio, which I did when I got home.
Does this sound like a "make work project". Trump said he was going to put America back to work. I don't think there are any openings.
Back to the Microwave. We returned the Microwave to Wal-Mart and then search for the right one ourselves, allowing the "associate"
to meander around store with her trusty Gun oblivious to the real world, Once we found the right Microwave, which I could not reach it as it was 2 feet above my head so rather bother any lady " associates " I found a young guy who retrieve it for us.
The Microwave is now installed and working. Problem solved as the owner said to buy one and send him the bill. Cheers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment