Today is Farmers market day in Green Valley and of course this is a weekly event. However, farmers market is totally the wrong name for it... it is nothing more that a Flea market , albeit a dam good one. I'm sure there was at least 200 booths and we ( mostly Carroll ) checked our every item. I was surprised with some of the booths as one had danish bakery, another had special lasagne booth; there was a fruit and vegetable store on the same parking lot but that was all that was related to a Farmers market. I even talked to one guy who was selling a Catus tree called the Saguara... that is the huge one with several arms ( probably called branches but I have never herd anyone call them branches ). O K, so that took 2 hours out of our life. Then I went to the gas station to get the 30 lb ( 7 gal) propane bottle filled. I should have ask the price.. it was 4.75 a gal. In Apache Junction it was 3.00 a gal and i assume the price would have been close to that or I never would have filled the bottle.
Wed night is Potluck night and we always attend, if for know other reason to meet people. Carroll checked the list to see what was needed and determined it was potatoes so she did Scalloped potatoes.We did met some new ( to us ) folks but as usually they were friendly and informative.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment