This RV park has a Computer club, so to speak but it is mostly a small group who meet to help us "computer Illiterate" people to solve our problem . I went to the meeting to get help to "organize " the thousands of pictures I took while in ZA. There were 3 guys at the meeting that were very knowledgable and one other lady who had a question about her pictures. Her problem was solved quite quickly so she left and now the 3 guys all wanted to help me.
I have my pics on two programs: " My Pictures" and on "Picasa". What I ask of them was to show me how to pick out about 100 pics from the 1000 or so I had in " My Pitures " progam and put them in a folder so I could tranfer them to a disk. Then i wanted to know how to do the same with the 1000 pics i have in "Picasa". So one guy worked with me on "My Pictures ". He was very methodical and had me practice and then make some notes which I truly required. The other two guys worked on the Picasa program and in all fairness, they do not use Picasa so they had to "Hunt " for the easiest method so they could simplify it for me. These guys were great and I'm sure they love the challange. I was invited to return next Friday but we are leaving so I hope they can find another challange.
Tonight was a windup night as people are starting to head home so the had a "Talent Night" better known as "No talent" but it was a fun evening to see people had the nerve to get on the stage and perform. We were a little late and when we got there the place was full and all the chairs were taken so I had to go to the RV and get our own chairs. It just proves that Seniors will attend anything that's Free.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment