Friday, 23 March 2012

22 March

As i mentioned a few days ago, we heard a Growling from the brakes. I assumed that my front brakes were the probable cause since hauling a 5th wheel seems to wear out the front brakes first.About 100,000 Km ago i did have the front brakes pads replaced so i would not be surprised if they needed to be replaced again. The closes Brake company ( like Midas ) was in Tucson some 30 miles away, so off we go see what the damages would be. The first Brake company I chose said he would be 1 1/2 before he could look at them but I felt he was being generous with his timing since all 10 bays were full and he had 8 work orders complete with the Keys sitting on the counter so I opted to find another garage. Next on my list was Midas. They were busy but i laid the "tourist" story on him and that I could not wait too long. So he said he would have a man on it in less than 1/2 an hour which he did. Once they had the brakes exposed it was not a pretty picture. The rear brakes were actually the problem, as they so rusted that they would not release when the brakes were released , hence the growling. Therefore both rear systems had to be replaced. The front rotors were turned the last I replaced the pads and they were close to the safe limit. All that to say that i had to replace all 4 brakes system at a cost of 1500.00
Carroll and i went to the Olive garden for lunch and then to the Tucson Mall to kill 3 hours until the truck was repaired.So that is how we spent Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment