19 Feb; It's hard to believe we can wake up at 6 AM and temp is already 20 C and then it goes to 28 C by 10 AM. On this day we went to the vegetable / fruit market. The market is part of the Flea market but all the Stalls are run by Hispanics. It kind of funny to watch them operated as there must be 20 to 25 stalls and they all sell basically the same items at the same price but they try to get you to buy from them as if their products are the best. If you are looking for a Pineapple they will search thru the pile for a "real good one " and then say it is the best. Everyone gets their Pineapple peeled and cored. They always cut out a little chunk and get you to taste it too ensure you like it as if we are going to refuse it after they peeled it. Pineapples are 3.00 each or 2 for 5.00.
I also filled up with gas at Wal-Mart, which is the cheapess but it still cost 3.19 / gal. Thank You Mr. Gadaffi.
Later in the evening we pick up friends at the airport , retuning from the Canada Games in Halifax. They made the 10 day trip , ONLY because their teenage G/daughter was representing the Manitoba curling team and they got a blast of the real winter as it was very cold and miserable inHalifax.
20 FEB: Today we did mostly nothing unless you call spending a couple of hours in the pool follow by a Happy Hour with our neighbour as a busy day.
21 FEB: We made another trip to MX as Carroll and ( Carroll's sister ) Jean wanted a pedicure, manacure and a hair cut and I needed another 4.00 hair cut. The girls also did some shopping , followed by staying in MX for another " Stuffed Shrimp " dinner chased with a beer. I'm the Black sheep as I am only one who drinks. Of course I did check out the Duty Free store and picked up my normal two bottles. I would not want the Customs to think I wasted a trip to MX and then there is the Texas tax man who always gets his 1.25 per litre. Other than that, the day was a waste. ha ha
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment