Monday, 31 January 2011

Fri;Sat and Sun..28,29,30

Not much activity this weekend, but we did just enough to keep busy. It seems that we have to buy something every other day. The good news is that Wal-mart, Home Depot and all other stores are only 5 mins away. We normally buy our fruit and veggies at the market which is a 10 min drive.
On Friday evening, we went to the local Legion Fish Fry with the "Shilo" Gang. We had not seen the whole Gang for 2 years so we had some catching up to do. As I menti.oned before , the Legions in TX only serve beer, water and pop (soda to the Americans ) so you can and must BYOB. The Legion provides complimentary plastic glasses and ice. I must not forget that Dance Music is also provided, for tips, by a D.J. The fish supper is only 7.00 and the place is packed by 5:30 . Trust the Seniors to find a place for good food at a reasonable price and beer is only 1.50. The legion holds about 200 people, which is a Fireman's special , since the sign says " Max capacity 145 ". However the exit doors are always locked in the OPEN posn which is a good idea since Smoking is allowed. Also, I found it odd that you can wear a hat in the Legion. I ask why this was allowed and the answer was : Have you ever tried to take a Stetson off a cowboy.... Point Taken.
Saturday: This was one of those lazy days where you B.S. with the nieghbours and do the nec houshold chores. I managed to empty a couple of beer cans while reading a book, which incidentally is the first book I have read since last winter. I did not realize I was that busy. Believe me it is not hard to find a neighbour or two who will glad sit down and share a beer.

Sunday: Oh yeh!! the day of rest, except Carroll thought it would be a good idea if we washed the windows and the vention blind. I don't like doing windows at home, never doing ones on a rental unit. However , I had to agree they needed a cleaning. I fought with the kitchen blind and managed to remove it and then I cleaned the window.
Carroll grab the blind , hit with a cleaner she found under the sink and Zap.. off come the paint and blind was ruined . That put a quick stop to cleaning the blinds until we got a less aggresive cleaner. But since we ruined the blind we had to replace it so off to Home Depot we go.
Then curling started at 1 PM so we had to watch that. ... Well that was enough work for one day and beside the temp had reached 85 F so that indicated that it is a Pool day. The pool temp was 90 F so we swam ( with Noodles ) around talking to people , exchanging stories . I have not met an American yet that will accept that their country is Broke. Even today the USA Today , said that 157 Banks foreclosed (went Broke) last year and another 11 in Jan 2011. Talk about having your head in the sand.

Tonight we attended another Music show at our park. It was a couple ( Gordie and Debbie ) from Branson who travel the winter Texan circut during the winter when Branson is closed. In Branson they charge 25.00 for a 2 hour show but here it cost 5.00 for a 1 1/2 hour show so that was not a bad deal. Well Jan comes to close tomorrow so we only have 2 more months left before we head north. Cheers. T and C

No comments:

Post a Comment