Friday, 21 January 2011

20 Jan 2011

Thursday was another busy day as if most days are not. Carroll seems to be "building " the "Honey Do" list but I keep telling her this not our home and I'm in the "leave it for tomorrow" Mode. I still have not connected the antenna so she can see the local news but I'm running out of excuses.
The day started with a ball Game at 11 PM and we got slaughtered again . Before the season started we were hunting for players and now we got 15 "Bodies " but a few of them are impersonating a Ball Player. Apparently you can't fire a Volunteer. ha ha. Some of them do not know the rules so I'm the guy that explains the rules and I'm not sure I'm impressing some of them . Yesterday, there was a routine play at third base where the S.S. , third baseman and the Pitcher ran into each other while trying to cover third and then the 3 rd baseman threw the ball away as the runner tripped and fell then got up and was safe. I came into the dugout and in a forceful voice; said; You guys look like the Bad news Bear. Apparently I hit a sore spot as the third baseman says; I suppose it is my fault that the other team scored all 15 runs. I just told him he needed thicher skin. I guess I'm off his christmas card list.
After the game it was off to MX to visit the Dentist as I had chipped a tooth last week. I was expecting a Root Cannel and a Crown. Incidentally I had to wait 20 mins to get in and I did not have an appointment. After the Dentist examined my tooth he said we have 2 choices; I can fill it or I can do a Crown. I said " No root Cannel" he said No need for a root Cannel. I said How Soon and How Much. He said 130.00 (that is right 130.00 ) and i can do it right now. I said ; get at it, because I'm not moving. He said it would take 40 mins to 1 hours so I told him Carroll was in the waiting so tell her to go shopping for an hour. One hour later I walked out with the Temporary tooth and I return on Saturday for the real Crown.
Then we returned home for an hour and we were off to the Rec Hall as this happen to be "Soup Night " with enterainment for 2 hours before supper. The soup was provided by the volunteers at a cost of 2.00 per person ( you can see were all our money goes ) and the entertainment was a donation . One has to sign up for these type of events on the previous week as there is a max of 320 chairs. For the 1 st hour we sat with a couple from Edm but they did not sign up so no Soup for them. When they started to serve the Soup we seen another couple who were alone so we moved to their table and introduced ourselves. They are from Thunder Bay and had just arr a few days ago so we " the travellers " gave them lots of info on what to do and were to go. They had also just retired and this was their first adventure to Southern USA. They ask about MX as they were afraid to go but we put their mind at ease... I think. I also told them of the cost of my Dental visit and they were blown away as they had some done at home at a " slightly " higher cost. They need more Dental work when they get home. They are now going to our Dentist in MX.
Before I forget Gas is somewhere between 2.85 at Wal-mart to 2.99 elsewhere. And we traveled 3750 KM to get here.
Around 4 PM yesterday a cold front move in, probably from Alberta, and the temp dropped to 40 F over night. Hence the furnace was turned on immediately after I got up. This calls for long pants and sweaters today. cheers. t and C

No comments:

Post a Comment