Wed started out as an uneventful trip to Carroll's chiropractor but that soon changed once I hit the Freeway ( Expressway ) . We were bee...bobbing along at 65 MPH in the centre lane when I notice a grey van slowly gaining in the right lane, which is uncommon for a TexMex driver as they usually used the left lane since they assume they are qualifing for the Inndy 500. I did pay a glance at this Van due to its' spped, but I never gave it much thought until we reach an exit lane . At the very last second he must have remembered that he had to exit to the right but he was a little late and nearly missed the exit. He cut thru the "painted " blvd which are a collector for years worth of gravel, glass and any other hwy debris. As he exited i did I glanced over just in time to see the dust and debris flying as I thought he might lose control . The dust and debris arrived at our Van about 2 second later and ending up in our Van thru the right rear side window causing an explosion. Carroll screamed and i was in shock and did not know whether to " Shit , go Blind or Wind my watch ". I managed to keep control of the Van and got off at the next exit to survey the damage , misus a rear side window. I had the glass as eveidence but no suspect as he was long gone and I'm sure he did not know what had happened. After Carroll's appt we went to a Glass shop and estimate was 261.00 installed and he gave me a Friday appt. He also cover the window with an adhesive plastic called " Accident shield" at no cost, which i was greatful .
Well , that little incident managed to while away the morning. But we had another supper to attend that night. These dam parties never seem to quit. Tonight was German Night with Happy Hour beginning at 4.00 PM; supper at 5:00 PM and dancing from 6:30 to 9;00 PM.
I thinkSeniors have to be in bed by 9:30 PM so the can get up at 6:30 AM and stand out side our house talking in loud voice, just to annoy people. The menu was pretty good with ample food. It consisted of Brats ( 2nd helpings were encouraged ) potatoes and SaeurKrut , accompanied with a jello salad and a huge piece of Black forest cake. There was a 5 piece band for the dancers.
Thursday : This is Ball Game day and today i had a double header , due to previous "Rainout " game so that took care of the morning. The afternoon was spend doing "nothing". Carroll wanted to help me but I refused her assistance as she might " bugger " it up.
In the evening we took in another Musical show. This time by John Rex Reeves who is a nephew of Jimmy Reeves as you C&W fan will remember as a famous musician from the 50's and 60's. I think Jimmy Reeves had 70 # 1 Hits before he died in a plane crash. John Rex Reeves is a Branson entertainer but does the winter Texan circut in the winter when Branson is closed, as do many of the Branson entertainers. cheers. T and C
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment