Sunday, 3 April 2016

Traveling home

30 March
We left Kanab around 9 AM heading for Ogden , UT about 8 hours away plus any stops along the way. We usually stop for fuel any time we see cheaper fuel or when we get down to 1/2 a tank. When you leave Kanab you can  traveling on the scenic route for quite some time or you can cut straight I-15. We chose the scenic route as I-15 has become very boring to us since we have travelled it far too many times, hence we stay on the scenic roads until Nephi. Since we are now on I-15 we stopped at Santa Quin ( south of Salt Lake City  ( SLC) ) to pick up a bag of apples plus an Ice Cream cone for Carroll. This is orchard territory so we usually stop any time we pass the " Red Barn " as it is called,  to get a bag of Apples and Pears.
Now we are heading for Ogden , UT about an hour north of SLC but I've seen enough of SLC at rush hour so we decided to take another scenic route around SLC even thought it is a little longer drive. And a  scenic route it was,  along with mountains, that reach 8 or 9000 ft and a litany of hair pin turns and slow moving trucks. However, it was  a very busy road so assume some of the folks must  work in SLC and use this route to commute daily.
 I did not realize that we would exit the scenic bypass north of Ogden so now we are back on I-15 and we are looking for a place to camp or park for the evening. We have now been traveling for about 10 hours so we said that the next Truck will be our home for tonight.  As I pulled into the truck stop I seen another RVer park in the furthest corner so we pull in beside them for the evening. cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment