1 April
Great Falls is a casual 5 hour drive from Med Hat so by leaving the WalMart parking lot by 8:30 we should be home by early afternoon. Before leaving WalMart I checked my I "new found" muffler hangar and decided that I could secure it tighter and so I wound the coat hangar more securely just to ensure it would stay put until I got home.
Rather than go thru the Coutts/ Sweet Grass border we headed for Havre, MT where we would fuel up with the last "Cheap" fuel and then cross into Alberta at the Wild Horse crossing. I swore that I would never cross at Coutts again because the last time I had to wait in line for 3 hours. The longest I have ever waited at Wild Horse was for a 5 car line up which was maybe 15 minutes. If 30 years in the Air Force taught anything it was to chose the shortest line.
The Canadian Customs at Wild Horse is open for 10 hours during winter hours but the US Customs is open for 12 or 14 hours. If the Canadian gate is closed you can not enter or leave the USA so why the different hours. Oh well ; it must be a Government thing... who the hell knows.
When we arrived at Wild Horse we were first in line " No Waiting". The Custom's officer ask the preverbal questions and only wanted to see our eggs, mainly to see if they were in the original carton and to see were we purchased them. He was satisfied and the fact that I had about 5 litres of booze and 3 beer did not seem to be a issue. This Custom stop took about 5 minutes and then we were on our way. It sure beats going thru Coutts.
We arrived home about 1:30 PM and since we told our House Sitters they could stay until the 5 th April we intended to drop the MH at home and they go to Todd's place in Okotoks for a G/Kid fix. However, the house sitter had already move out so we stay home and unpacked the MH which suited us just find since we have been on the road since the 28 of Nov.
We enjoyed our winter, but Home is Home. This is my last blog until our next trip which will not likely be until next Fall. We do not have any plans for next winter..... Yet. Comments are welcome. Cheers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment