20 th Feb.
After having breakfast with Harold and Cheryl we had to head back to our RV Park in Yuma as the Alberta Group was hosting a Pot Luck "get together " for those residence of AB and for "those who left AB for BC but wish they had stayed in AB.". ha ha . While driving along I-10 at 120 KLM we heard 3 loud bangs which to us sounded like "Gunshots " or either that, or our car was about to explode. We were shocked, so I immediately cruised to the shoulder and inspected my car to see if I had blown a tire or if I had hit something. I even checked for bullet holes but could find anything wrong so we motored on without a problem. We are still puzzled but the noise.
We got back to our RV Park by 12:30 so we got busy to make a pot of potatoes for the Potluck which started at 3 PM. When we got to the AB party area we chose to sit by people we had never met just so we could get to meet others and to hear about their travel story. These "get together " are a good way to find information on new places to visit.
I drummed up a conversation with a couple from Okotoks so I mentioned that our son lives 15 KLM east of Okotoks at a rural area called Davisburg. They shocked me when they said they never heard of it so I assumed they where new to Okotoks so I ask how long they had live there. They said 25 years so then I thought they did not hear me say " Davisburg" so I repeated it; still they never heard of it. So I explained exact how to get there; drive on a certain road which I know they have driven on as that is how you get to Calgary. I said keep going and you will pass an Arena, then a school and then to 96 th ave and there is a 4 by 8 sign you can't miss. Still the answer was never heard of it.
Please, think about this : Is there any town, rural area or subdivision , within 15 KLM of your home that you never heard of . I thought, surely, I hope we don't allow these people to Vote.? I almost ask how they found Yuma?
Rather than wasting my afternoon speak with this couple, I found 3 couples from the Edmonton area to talk with. As it turned out it was a good Party and we met a few more friends. Cheers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment