All is going well with the Twins and our abilty ( mostly Carroll's ) to look after them. I had heard that 2 yr olds are called the Terrible Twos' but Megan and Quinn do not fit that Mold at all. However, I will concede they are active and mobile.
When ask to pick up there toys or finish eating they have a hearing problem but mention DQ or Mac D's slightly above a wispher and the hearing returns immediately.
I'm surprised, althought I probably should not be, at how easily they can handle the Battery powered Quads. Quinn like to ride on Rhett's quad as it has a "Turbo Boast " control when you need extra power. I had to smile the other day when Quinn had rode the quad around the lawn until it was losing power and when he got to a small hill he go off and pushed it to the paved driveway because he knew it would have enough power to get him back to the garage. My daily chore is to make sure the batteries are charged every evening.
We did stop at Mac D's twice so they could play in the " Playland " while Carroll and I sipped on a cool, Seniors coffee. I think they have a separate pot of coffee for us Seniors that is stale just to pay us back for asking for the Seniors price.
About a month ago I stopped at a Mac D's to pick up 2 " Senior's "coffees to go and the older, probably even a senior cashier said I should have brought my wife into the the store so she could be sure that the coffee was actually for a senior. I reply that i didn't realize we had to prove our age for .79 cent coffee. If there had been a Tim's near by, I would have walked out.
Whenever Carroll thinks I bored (at todd's place ) or thinks I'm watching too much BNN business news she tries to find a job for me, which is not hard to find here. Well, yesterday she ask me to check out the reason the kitchen fawcet had very little pressure as it was driving her crazy. Actually the problem has been around for quite a while but like me, Todd has been avoiding it since it has not reached the top of the priority list yet. I did see a new Kitchen Fawcet in the garage so I decide to see if i could install then in my spare time, as if I did not have any spare time. Actually, installing the Fawcets is not big problem... it is cleaning out and all the " crap " under the sink, like several empty jars, cultery that has been lost for years, empty containers that have no business being there and disassembling a self opening gabage can that opens when you open the cupboard door. Finally, I disconnect the old fawcets, and thankfully , when they built the house a few years ago , the plumber installed shutoff valves on each water. line . Then I got the new fawcet which was a perfect match; like when does thsat every happen. First I hid the direction so Carroll couldn't read them to me as usually happens. How hard can it be to disconnect 2 water lines and a large retaining nut the holds the fawcet to the counter top. The fawcet was installed quickly and both Carroll and Marjore ( the Nanny ) are very please to have adquate water pressure again. Half of the stuff that was under the sink is now garbage and there is now room for more stuff that doesn't need to be there.
Just when I was ready to watch a few ball games, actually there is 4 on this day, Carroll informs me that the dish washer has a "fault" light flashing it won't work. Luckly for me I don't know much about dishwashers, especially those that have 27 buttons and flashing lights so I delay that jof until tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So Tom did you fix the dishwasher yet? Sounds like you are having fun, say hi to Carroll for me.
ReplyDelete