Sunday, 16 October 2011

Last Day with the Twins

Friday; 7 th Oct. This is the last day for the Twins to get the Royal treatment from G/ma and G/Pa because Mom and Dad return home later this evening and it will be back to normal. So, what will we do today... Of course we will take the Twins swimming to the Wave Pool in Calgary because they love the pool and especially the slides. So off we go for the 1 hour ride to the Pool( Todd live on an arcerage 1/2 hour outside of Calgary ) and before we are 1 km down the the Twins are sound asleep but we have seen this " Movie " before and once they hit the pool they will be raring to go.
The pool prices are very reasonable ; 2.50 for kids under 5 yrs and 5.00 for us old folks. Once we hit the pool the Twins want to go directly to the slides. We started on a little slide with one 90 degree curve but that wasn't challenging enough , especially for Megan the Daredevil. She spotted the higher slide with a 380 degree corkscrew turn . While I started to read the Rules " which said you must be 42 inches tall to ride alone " she was gone. I kind of panic and holler down to Carroll to catch her assuming she would take on some water when she hit the bottom. While Carroll and I were holler back and forth, Megan comes shooting out the bottom, laughing all the way saying " That was Fun" . Quinn was not so sure about going alone, at least for the first time so I went with him as did most parent with there young kids. But after that , both Kids had to go it alone so I stood at the top to make sure the "Big " kids did not jump the cue and Carroll stayed at the bottom to retrieve them as the exited the slide as the big kids came out quite fast.
After 20 or so Runs the Twins now wanted a bigger challenge but this slide require G/Pa ( definitely not G/Ma ) to go with them as there was a 4 ft pool at the landing. Since we had to climb about 50 steps I limit this excises to 3 times each. I did mention that i was 70 yrs old but I'm sure that fell on deaf ears or maybe they just did care. Anyway I was too tired to climb anymore stairs to the slides so we convinced the Twins that "they" wanted to play in the Kiddie pool so we could rest.
After 1 1/2 hours or so in the pool we decided to go....but convincing the Twins was another matter. So we use another , well used "Ploy" called MacDonald's . They could play and we could have a coffee and get so rest. As soon as we mentioned MacDonald's they start to holler , Donalds, Donalds, we want Donalds. Apparently they are now using this familar phase with Mom and Dad and of course it is Grandma and Grandpa fault. ha ha. So off to the "Golden Arches " we go and we let them play for about hour with a few minutes of rest to eat some chicken McNuggets and Fries. Apparently that is the main food Group at Macdonald's.

Now, the day is done and we head home for supper and hopefully, early to bed for the tired Twins . After Grandma read a few books, they laid down to sleep, but we could hear them talking for about 15 minutes, then all was quiet. About an hour latter I decide to check in on the Twins and there was Quinn sound asleep in bed with Megan and she was hugging a big doll. Quinn was actually only half in the bed so I move him into his own bed but he was too tired to even move.
Now, we would sit and wait for Mom, Dad, Emily and Rhett to return home from their trip to Disney World.
Carroll and I left at 6:20 Sat morning for St. Geo , UT to the Huntsman World Senior games where the weather was gorgerous. We sure did enjoy the Twins even if the did tire us out.

No comments:

Post a Comment