28 Jan to 3 Feb
After the Scotties finals on Sunday we get our life back until the Olympic start next week.
The weather is looking better this week and ranged from 10 C to 15 C which is not what we expected in sunny TX but it is better than rain.
Also our street had a block Pot Luck breakfast which was suppose to be a meet and greet so we could all get to meet the people we don't know. As I expected most people did not try to meet any of the new people like us, they just sit and talk to the people they have known for the past 20 years.
I first sat beside a couple from MB with a German name so I tried to start a conversation by asking where they were from. After a short conversation on their home town, a friend of theirs came along and they dropped me like a had 2 heads. Then I turned and introduced myself to 2 ladies and ask where they were from. One lady said Iowa so I tried to continue the conversation by asking the name of the town since I was familiar with Iowa. She mentioned the town and turned away. I thought, for Christ sake is nobody going to ask me where I'm from, so I took a seat beside Carroll and had a great breakfast. However, they can stick the next Block party up their ass. Most of the people on our street are Canadians.
As I've said many times, Seniors are just old kids. In the military, if we see a new person in the Mess we introduce our self and buy them a beer; we don't ignore them.
Carroll's has a continuous pain in her back and knees so we decided to go to a Chiropractor that she went to about 8 years ago when we were here. The first appointment was a consultation and then several x-rays and finally a Scan along her vertebrates. The next appointment will be a treatment plan to hopefully stop the pain.
On Saturday we went to South Padre Island to watch a Kite show. I know a Kite show sound boring but once you see what these men and women can do with a kite it is fantastic. One display had 12 players standing shoulder to shoulder doing synchronize kite flying. They can even land the kites in synchronized fashion and get they up again in the same fashion. It was well worth the price of admission which was free. There were several thousand fans along the beach watching the display. However, after 2 1/2 hours , boredom kicked in and we called it a day. Cheers
Let whatever you do today be enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment