Before we left HWH in Moscow , Iowa we had to check the operation of the Jacks as directed by the foreman. Once I was satisfied that they worked to my liking , I paid the bill and we were essentially heading home albeit with 3 days of driving ahead of us.
I always try to fuel up in morning if possible and there was a small truck stop right at the intersection of I-80 and the Moscow road. However, they only have " Bio- Diesel " and I have never used Bio- Diesel so I wasn't sure if I should use it. I ask another MH owner and he has used it several times without a problem. Also , as I pulled up to the pumps another trucker was filling up so I felt it must be OK. Bio-Diesel is also a few cents cheaper.
By 9 AM we were on our way and we calculated that we could reach Sioux Falls by 5 PM and that we would stay at a Cracker Barrel or a Wal-Mart, whichever came first. ( You may have noticed that we are not proud or particular campers when traveling ). As we pulled into Sioux falls we seen a Cracker Barrel sign so we agreed that would be our stay for tonight. Opposite to Cracker Barrel was a gas station with reasonable cheaper Diesel so we decided to fill up before we parked. It was not a truck stop but we managed to squeeze into the pumps and "wangle " our way out. Carroll gave me a few " you can't make it shouts " but she is not driving; I am. We made it with out but we did have to make one short back up procedure.
While sitting at the gas station we noticed that the Cracker Barrel parking lot was crowded and it seemed smaller than most of there lots. When I was paying for the fuel I ask the clerk , if there was a Wal-Mart close by and he said it was a couple of blocks down the street. So we changed our mind and went to Wal-Mart. Since there were no other RVs in the Wal-Mart lot I thought I should inquire about their policy on RVs. I went to the customer service but there was at least 20 people in line so I decided to look for a security guard as they seem to have one in every store in the US.
I couldn't find security so I went to the next person in line which was the "Wal-Mart Greeting. " He assured me that I had his authority to park overnight " because everybody else does". I started to drum up a conversation with him when I quickly realized that he obviously skipped High School and may well and skipped most of Elementally school. However, I know , that in Wal-Mart the Greeter carries a lot of weight.
After being satisfied the we could park here , I spotted a Barnes and Noble book store and I was sure they would have WiFi for me to do some computer work. While working on the computer and old lady, with no teeth , started to shout " there is a man in the ladies bathroom". To say the least she had everyone attention within ear shot. Most people stopped reading and just stared at her. Like me, most people where not quite sure what the hell was wrong with her. Just then a tall, slender young lady in her mid 20s walked our of the bathroom and this Old lady started shouting again saying " there " he" is ; there "he" is , he was in the ladies bathroom. A clerk went to the Old lady and said , what is wrong. The Old lady pointed to the "person " and said that man with the red hair was in the ladies bathroom. The embarrassed young lady ( who did have short hair ) said ; what are to talking about, I am a women. The old lady said , well you don't look like one. Everyone dispersed and the scene was over without an incident. Cheers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment