Saturday, 5 November 2016

Heading for Moscow Iowa 20 OCT 16

My friend Rusty ( a full timer ) advised me that I could get my Jacks repaired by  HWH , a company in Moscow, Iowa, who just happened to be the company that built my Jacks and they are 1 miles off of I-80 so we were going right by their front door.


I made an appointment for Friday morning but I knew we would get there sometime on Thursday. We arrived at 11:30 on Thursday and I walk into the office to announce my early arrival . To my surprise, the scheduler said to shut off my propane and drive into Bay # 2. As I stepped out of the MH the Mechanic was waiting to speak with me. I explained my problem and he said it was Lunch Time and he would get at it right after lunch. Moscow is an area, not a town, so we drove to the nearest town , some 10 miles away for lunch.


On our return the Foreman advised me that the problem was in the Control Box and that they had sent it to the Electronics department to have it checked out. He said he expected an answer by 3 PM. I ask what the price of a new one would cost and he said 350.00 USD... Ouch. Shortly after 3 PM I seen my control box being returned to the shop. I ask the Foreman if it could be repaired and he said it only need a power board. Of course I ask the price and he said about 100 bucks. By 4 PM they had the Control Box reinstalled and were about to do a test on the jacks. I ask if could watch and the Foreman said absolutely. He show me how to operate the controls.


One jack was very slow to return and in fact it finally stopped 1/2 way up. I mentioned that I had trouble with it a few times. He said it would eventually need to be replaced . Since it was after 4 PM and I knew the quit at 4:30 I ask if the could replaced it in the morning. The foreman said "hell " we can do it right now ; it only takes 20 Minutes. I said great.  The foreman ask us to stay overnight in one of their camp sites ( they have 7 sites with power ) and to operate the jacks a couple of times tonight and twice in the morning.
He said if you are satisfied in the morning you can pay your bill then.


It is  obvious our MH is not the only one with problems. They had 3 other MH's in the Bays, and 3 more parked in the camp site . There were 3 others who stopped in during the afternoon for , what I assumed where a quick repair. Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment