Saturday, 28 December 2013

World Senior Games

14 OCT: I did not complete the happenings on Monday : After the ball games I took the Truck into the Ford dealer to tell me why the lack of power and more important , could I possible drive it back to Canada. The manager said they would check it this afternoon and call me with the diagnoses. About an hour later the garage called to say it was not a pretty picture. Six of the injectors had to be replaced and the other two were very weak and they could do all that for $3000.00 . I had no choice even thought I wanted to dump this Truck as soon as I got home so I said go ahead and replace the injectors. However , I need a vehicle to drive so they sent a shuttle to the camp site to pick me up. The arrived in a brand new Lincoln and I said this is some shuttle vehicle; and she said it is not a shuttle vehicle because it is yours to drive while we fix your Truck. I was shocked and I said I need 101 on all these buttons   because i don't even know how to start it. She started to explain all the buttons and when she got to the seat buttons she explain how it would move backward when I turned the key off but when I got in the car it would revert to my setting. Finally I said OK I only want to drive it not fly it.

15 OCT: 
So on Tues I drove to the ball Park and as I am driving into the parking space ,there were several players standing around . As i was getting out of the car one of the players remarked as to what a beautiful car and then said you guys are from Med Hat and we played you last year " yak yak yak " etc.  So I got my equipment and walked about a  block to the ball field, started to warm up and our pitchers comes up and said some idiot left his car running. However, he must have lots of money because it is a brand new Lincoln and then  I thought "oh shit " it must be my car as I don't remember shutting it off and it was so quiet no one else notice it either. So now I had to walk back to the parking lot to shut the car off.
this was our third game in the Seeding round so now we had to wait until about 4 PM to find out who and where we on Wed. To kill the afternoon the Games puts on a "Hamburger meal" complete with music in a Park . Then by 4 PM the Medal round schedule is posted on the computer which is great because the coach doesn't have to contact every player because most people have either a computer, iPad or and iPhone. Tomorrow we play for real and hopefully for Gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment